The Doctors House
The original c.1850’s Dutch colonial bungalow has been sensitively restored to its former charm and consists of an open column veranda, living room with ornate arches and dining area with central courtyard reflection pond. The Master bedroom with King four-poster bed, antique almirah, writing desk and chair overlooks the garden and pool. Another two bedrooms offer twin four-poster beds and overlook the inner courtyard lotus pond and coconut estate. All rooms offer air-conditioning and ceiling fans. The Bathroom is finished in polished cement and features an open-air garden shower. The Doctor’s House offers a coolness in its brilliant white walls and soft polished floors and a warmth with its wooden antique furniture, Persian rugs, library and collection of local artworks.